Today we will cover how to make your own background stickers. This assumes you know basic computer skills such as word processing and how to print said documents.
I will use Microsoft word as it was easier. You can also just download the file here, instead of making it, including the backgrounds I picked out below.
- Open word & create a table.
- Select all of the cells and right click to hit table properties. I am doing Happy Planner, so my sizes are 2.5 x 1.5, but you may need a different size depending on what planner you are using. I also changed the 2.5 to 2.4 as it allowed more boxes on the page, and seemed like a small difference. Adjust the size as you see fit. I then cleared all the extra boxes away.
- A few more changes to make, under table hit OPTIONS to open a new menu.
- Clear out the box that automatically fits the image and make the margins 0 on all sides. This makes the image line to line and will make it so the image does not re-size the box.
- Now just find backgrounds you like and paste them into the squares. You may need to re-size them for appearances, but it should not alter the box if you use these settings.
In my case, I wanted some Lilly Pulitzer backgrounds so I just googled that. Seriously perfect for summer. You can do this method for quotes as well. As for getting other items, such as flags, you can either cut them as you go, or search for page flags and copy and paste them into Word.
Please note, just because you Google it does not make it FREE USE. You can use anything for personal use, but the moment you sell it it becomes a little more complicated so please keep that in mind as you search around!
Woo this was a long series, looking forward to seeing all the creative things that come from this!
How do you make your own stickers?
Questions? Feel free to ask any below!